About the Course
The Level 1 Tubing & Casing JSS® Thread Inspection class teaches the proper techniques required to successfully perform any API 5B mandated thread inspection. With specific focus on thread form, lead, addendum, crest diameter, taper and thread height, our unique hands-on approach guarantees the most effective training experience.
At the end of the day, participants are asked to inspect a part on their own and this final inspection serves as a test which evaluates their skills and knowledge for certification. Gagemaker will have all of the necessary gages, standards, and sample parts to use during the hands-on portion of this class. Class size is limited to 10 participants and the class is completed in one full day. Basic course materials include a Gagemaker Thread Inspection Participant Workbook, Tubing & Casing thread data chart, instructional Gagemaker posters and a certificate of completion. A Gagemaker Certification card is awarded to those who qualify and will be mailed out within a few weeks of course completion.
After completing a hands-on training course, you will be able to:
- Identify various thread forms.
- Define the parts of a thread including: crest, root, pitch line, stab flank, load flank and included angle.
- Define the thread elements including thread form, lead, crest diameter, ovality, addendum, taper, thread height and thread length.
- Interpret thread callouts on a product blueprint.
- Select and use proper gages for inspection of thread elements on a product to obtain accurate readings.
- Preset gages to size before inspection.
- Document inspection results.
- Maintain and properly store gages for future use.
In a short amount of time, Gagemaker experts will bring your quality control expectations to reality! If you have questions or would like to certify your team at our place or yours, please contact us at 713-472-7360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.